No one wants to kiss the girl with the alligator lips! So here are some tips to keep your pout ready for action:
1. Drink plenty of water. This is the most obvious, but most people are just not drinking enough water these days. And the biggest cause of dry, chapped lips is dehydration.
2. Exfoliate. There are tons of ways to exfoliate your lips. Try using lip scrubs such as Philosophy Kiss Me Exfoliating Lip Cream or a toothbrush to gently rub off dead skin.
3. Moisturize. Using lip balm and treatments such as Josie Maran Argan Lip Treatment will keep your lips soft and hydrated. Remember to also apply just before bed to keep them from drying out in your sleep.
4. Protect. Make sure to use a lip balm with SPF when spending time outdoors. The sun can wreak havoc on your lips even when it's not visible.
5. Stop licking your lips. Although it may provide temporary relief, licking your lips actually steals the moisture away causing your lips to become dry and chapped.
With proper care your lips will look good enough to kiss.
Disclaimer: I am not being paid by the companies of the products I mentioned in this blog post. They just happen to be products I really love. <3